Worth Thinking About
It is important to take the time to think about how your life will change once you have the protection of bankruptcy and no debt.
When we talk to people who have been bankrupt for a few months and ask – how do you feel your life has changed now you have no debt? – the common answer we receive is that they are really enjoying being debt free and not having the stress. We are often told that they can feel the stress coming off, and it’s great.
When you become bankrupt it truly is a fresh start, you will also feel the stress coming off and we encourage you to put as much positivity into your life as you can. Yes, enjoy being debt free and look for new opportunities to brighten and improve your quality of life. What can you do to make your life that little bit better? You have no debt and a fresh start, so it makes sense to think about what changes you would like to make to the way you live your life. The purpose of this article is to go through a sample of some non-financial things to think about and consider after you have filed for bankruptcy. Our hope is that this will assist you to have the best possible outcomes in your life going forward.
- have you thought about planning a holiday in 12 months’ time and starting a monthly a savings plan,
- have you thought about doing something special for your partner’s birthday,
- do you need to change the way you are thinking, given the financial pressure you have endured,
- with becoming debt free, what changes will you make to the way you live your life,
- have you prepared a budget, to take control of your finances going forward,
- with the pressure of debt removed, can you devote more time to your family and loved ones,
- are you able to get back to any of your hobbies and/or sports
- what can you do to improve your happiness,
- have you thought about and set goals for what you want to achieve in the future,
- do you have medical and/or dental issues you need to attend to,
- what can you do to improve the quality of life for your family.
There you go, we hope we have started you thinking about what you can do to improve your life and happiness.
Now to give you some inspiration we would like to share with you some of the things people have told us they have commenced doing after gaining the protection of bankruptcy, which has made a positive impact for them;
- I have started playing social cricket again on Saturday afternoons.
- I started being more focused on family and my wife is telling everyone she has got back the man she married.
- really enjoying making time to enjoy my grandkids
- have started to save for a holiday in 12 months’ time.
- we are budgeting and managing our money – starting to feel far more secure.
- I have started to learn yoga.
We hope you find this article provokes your thought patterns for positive changes you can consider making to your life. Its all about working out how to get the best result from bankruptcy for you.
We are here to help you Understand Bankruptcy. If you would like to discuss your situation give us a call on 1300 794 492 or email email@example.com