In addition to filing for bankruptcy, we recommend you pursue the following five outcomes to get the best benefits from bankruptcy.
- Watch out for your health and wellbeing. By being attentive to this you will achieve so much more from your bankruptcy. Get that Doctor’s check-up to make sure you are in good shape to give you the best opportunity for your new life. Our article ‘Are You OK’ covers this.
- Make sure that the core values of certainty, safety, and security are returned to your life. It is important that the upheaval and stress of the financial pressure are put behind you. Our article ‘Hitting the Reset Button – What That Means for You’ covers this.
- Identify and eradicate factors that have contributed to your financial pressure and stress. We all have moments in our lives where we think – Oh! I will not do that again. Learn from what you now identify as mistakes, making sure they do not happen again. Our article ‘Review How You Would Like to Change Your Life’ covers this. Enjoy being debt-free and look for non-financial ways to brighten and improve your quality of life. Our article ‘Worth Thinking About’ covers this.
- Make sure that your essential necessities are covered, and monies required to be paid are paid for you to have a roof over your head, transport, and a reliable supply of electricity and gas. Often people file for bankruptcy, to free up their wages so as they have the money to bring their rent and utility bills up to date – laying the foundations for their life going forward. Start budgeting and working to improve your credit score. Our articles ‘Pathing New Paths - How to Move on From Bankruptcy’, ‘Budgeting Your Way To Financial Success’ and ‘How To Improve Your Credit Score When Bankrupt’ cover this.
- Start working within the limitations of bankruptcy to improve your financial future and set yourself up for when you are discharged from bankruptcy. For example, during bankruptcy, there is no limit on how much you can save provided your savings stay in your bank account. Our article ‘Bankruptcy – Create a Wholistic Solution’ covers this.
Tick these five boxes and you will be setting yourself up to maximise the benefit you receive from your bankruptcy.