Frequently Asked Questions

Can I Start Tertiary Studies and Get HECS if I Become Bankrupt?

Yes, you can commence tertiary studies while bankrupt. You can pay for your tertiary studies as you go, or fund your studies using HECS. If you wish to utilise HECS to fund for your studies, you will need to disclose your bankruptcy when applying for HECS but your bankruptcy will not disqualify you from receiving HECS.

If you have any questions please give us a call on 1300 719 854 or email

Ask Us A Question

Give us a call on 1300 794 492
Alternatively, you can leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible